- EnCouraging Today’s Heroes / Training Tomorrow’s
Click on an image to read that hero’s story.
This nonprofit honors Giraffe Heroes—compassionate risk-takers who are largely unknown, people who have the courage to stick their necks out for the common good, in the US and around the world.
When we tell their stories in social and traditional media, others are moved to stick their necks out too, helping solve significant public problems important to them. Our books, blogs, curricula, speeches and trainings help them succeed.
As long as there are Giraffe Heroes, there's hope. Telling the stories of heroes may be the oldest strategy in the world for motivating people into brave, compassionate action—and it works.
We offer you here—
- A free database of those real heroes. It's searchable—so you can easily find Giraffe Heroes by gender, location, age, etc. Want a collection of heroes' stories focussed on the environment? Or women's issues? Or peace-making? Or whatever? A few clicks and you've got it.
- A way to nominate a hero you've spotted
- Materials for classrooms from kindergarten through high school, some in Spanish as well as English.
- Speakers for events
- Coaching tips to help you move into action yourself on problems that concern you
- News from our global partners
- Stories of courageous compassion that little kids can listen to, and
- Cool stuff you can buy—shirts, buttons, stickers and such.
- All those who/what/why details you'll want to check out when you have time.
- As long as there are Giraffes, there's hope.
- You can help us keep on giving hope to the world.
Please consider a monthly pledge—that income stability is golden for nonprofits. Click on the Donate Now button below and you’ll be at PayPal, where you can make a one-time gift on your credit card or by PayPal—or a monthly pledge via PayPal. If you don’t have a PayPal account, don’t worry. You can set one up in seconds, and it would really help us a lot, month after month.
Subscribe to Heads Up, our once-in-a-while emails